Datbury's blog

Google

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Pretenders

Why do some people pretend to be more than they are? Why do some people pretend to know more than they actually do? Is there anyone out there who truly loves themselves enough to be content with their own shortcomings without the slightest hint of depression? Who is it that people are trying to impress, and why? I ask these questions to myself on a daily basis because I interact with people who put on these heirs daily. I don't think that it is out of the ordinary to question one's self, but to the point of wearing a facade for the benefit of others? I really don't care what others think about me, and I'm finding that line of thinking to be a rare breed. Now I may sound to some of you as if I'm arrogant or conceded, and I have been called that before. The bottom line is that pretending for other people is what actors get paid to do. Are you getting paid to put on a front for your family, friends, co-workers, et al? I didn't think so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home