Datbury's blog

Google

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Poem of the week 3/28/05

Pollen in the Wind

On the pulse of morning
at the cocks crow
whether summers rain
or winters snow
I miss you.
As the sun's trail
is lost at moonlight's feet
amidst rising tides
and unlit streets
I miss you.
Far gone beyond words
is the beauty of your smile.
The warmth of your heart and depth of your soul
made loving you worthwhile.
But now you're gone away from me
like pollen on the wind's heel.
Our love, which was once destiny
is now unrealized, is now unreal.
On the pulse of morning
while giving God his grace
I reminisce on love's past
hoping loneliness will I erase
I miss you.
As the leaves have fallen
riding abreast autumn's breeze
I hold still in my heart
the love we once conceived
I miss you.
What can I do to rediscover our world?
What keys can I use to break these lonely chains?
I'd give anything to salvage what remains
if your heart desires the same.
I miss you.
I miss you.
I
miss
you.

If you would like to use this poem, please email Datbury for the actual name of the author.