Datbury's blog

Google

Monday, April 18, 2005

Week of 4/18/05

What is going on with our children? I have had another student involved in a personal tragedy. She overdosed on drugs, and is currently in a hospital in a vegetative state, according to the sister. The student recently had a child, and expressed symptoms similar to Post Partum Depression. Now I don't believe my student to be like Andrea Yates, but once a woman has a child and experiences PPD, she is at risk each successive time she has children. So, there are two things to note in this thread, doing drugs is not a good vice for problems. One of my students recently said that doing drugs takes away the pains of life. I have to say that it does not! Any time you feel that you need drugs to cope with life, you are heading down a path of certain destruction. Secondly, if any woman that you know is pregnant, or has had a baby and seems to be acting strange, spend some additional time with them. PPD is not to be taken lightly.