Datbury's blog

Google

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Poem of the Week 4/4/05

Music of my Mind


Music of my mind
and my soul flows
through my mouth
and through my fingers
and in my ears,
and out my nose
all the way down to my toes
for I am music and music is me.

Music of my mind
like wet kisses
and a warm tongue
raises my body temperature
off of the scales
into the upper register
hell of a site for sore eyes
to see a man in musical ecstasy
in the perfect key
harmonizing to the mystic medley
of the Nite Trane

Music of my mind
that cool refreshing drink
and to think
it is the purest essence of the soul
conducive to that translucent energy flow
of passion . . .how romantic.
What manner of drug is this music
that winks the sleepless eye
at the lateness of the hour?
It is the music of my mind.


If you are interested in using this poem, please email Datbury for the name of the author.