Datbury's blog

Google

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

5 year old in handcuffs

By now you have heard, or seen the video of the little girl being handcuffed by police because of her unruly behavior. Now I think that there is no behavior that a 5 year old can exhibit that warrants being handcuffed, but I digress. What has happened to parents in America? Have we become like Bernie Mac says, "Punk-ass parents"? If my son or daughter acted out like that little girl, there would really be some "smoke in the city" because I don't tolerate that kind of acting out in my home or anywhere, and neither does my wife. We have to love our children, of course, but they need structure, or they will wind up living in a structurally sound edifice. I don't want my kids to end up in jail, so I'm doing my part. Are you doing yours?

3 Comments:

  • Well said, but unfortuanly, the majority of parents don't think like you do. Rather than taking responsibility for their children and their children's actions, educators are constantly asked, "Well what did YOU do to make my child act this way". The problem will only be solved when the parent take responsibilty, which in turn will teach the children to take responsibility. Educators can only do so much in the short time that we have the children. We only have them for 8 hours a day...the rest of the time, they SHOULD be in the hands of the parents, but that doesn't always happen...we can do a lot of things, but we are not miracle workers with all the answers!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:23 AM  

  • I think that we all are responsible for our kids, but with so many people abusing their rights to be a parent by abusing their kids, its hard to find a balance between appropriate discipline and abuse.

    By Blogger Datbury, at 1:36 PM  

  • What a great site effects+klonopin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home