Datbury's blog

Google

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Where I've been

Took a brief hiatus to get a lot of work done, and to deal with some of the issues in my home.

Life is really funny in that you never know what you are going to get. Like your kids, or your spouse. People grow, or at least they should, on a daily basis, and what you get in the beginning is not guaranteed to be there in the end.

We had some long conversations this weekend, and are currently in our last ditch effort to save the marriage. This is my last shot, at least. There is only so much one person can take, and marriage requires a lot of work. I truly envy those who have lasted for years despite real tragedies, and did not break down because of a lack or an inability of one to communicate, or put in time to make it work.

We're giving it one more try before we really say goodbye.

9 Comments:

  • i will definetly be praying for you and the wife, as well as the kiddos...

    keep me posted.
    love ya,
    lil sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:48 PM  

  • Hey, I understand. I have a couple of friends in the process themselves. It's hard. Good luck.

    By Blogger Paperback Writer, at 6:21 AM  

  • I will be thinking about you dats. I've so been there, and I know how horrible it is. And, both of you have to want it, and that's the hardest part, sometimes, when you are willing to do whatever it takes, and the other person just isn't.

    I don't know how much the prayers of a heretic count for, but for what it's worth, I'll be thinking and praying for you.

    By Blogger Trouble, at 7:08 AM  

  • I have to say, until the last couple of years of my marriage, I never thought I'd end up being a divorced single mom....That wasn't where I thought life would take me.

    YOU WILL BE OKAY. YOUR KIDS WILL BE OKAY. Trust me on this one.

    By Blogger Trouble, at 7:10 AM  

  • Thank you all for your encouraging words. I am trying hard to stay positive.

    By Blogger Datbury, at 11:30 AM  

  • Hey, hang in there. If it's worth saving, then by all means, do your darndest. But you are both miserable, it won't necessarily be in the kids' best interests.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:58 AM  

  • I'll be sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. I'm sorry you are going through suck a rough time....

    By Blogger Richmond, at 6:13 AM  

  • I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 AM  

  • Best regards from NY! » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home