Datbury's blog

Google

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Memorial Day weekend!

Well the weekend is approaching especially fast for me as today is the last day of the week at my school due to scheduling conflicts resulting from hurricane Rita. I am glad to have an opportunity to rest and relax at home.

While relaxing, I will also take the time to remember and honor those who have played major roles in my life. I can remember the names of all of my teachers who I liked, and liked for a great reason: They were great teachers.

JC Ellis Elementary
Kindergarten-Mrs. Housand
Third Grade-Mrs. Rhea
Fourth Grade-Mrs. Sheehy
Sixth Grade-Mrs. Drews(my fave elementary teacher)

Riverdale Middle School
Seventh Grade-Mrs Casper(my fave middle school teacher)
eighth Grade-Mr. Truxillo

St. Augustine High School
9th-11th Ms. Bryan(my fave high school teacher)
9th, 11th, 12th-Mr. Charles
9th-Mr. Raphael

Our Lady of the Lake University
Dr. Haynes(my fave professor)
Dr. Duke
Dr. Ledoux
Dr. Anne
Sis. Matocha(my first piano teacher)


I am also going to note some personal influences:

Queen Beulah Burton Morris(my late great-grandmother and fave relative)

I have other influences from my family, but no matter what was going on, Queen would always say, "You're going to make it." That little sentence has given me so much strength through the years that I could not thank her enough for those words.

I'm going to cherish each minute because tomorrow is not promised to anyone.