Datbury's blog

Google

Friday, April 21, 2006

I'm Renee Zellweger!

Well not exactly, nor entirely! As a matter of a fact, I'm not even a female.

However, . . . . . .

In the never ending quest to understand one's self, I've had an epiphany.

There is a part of me that is similar to her character in Jerry Maguire.





I seek to be inspired. Inspiration drives my spirit. It makes sense that I love cultural places and things. It makes sense that I love music, and poetry, and people who are passionate about something in their life. That passion is so vibrant that they don't even have to say a word. It is a bright light that is almost glorious. Regal even.

And I am attracted to that light much like a moth to a flame. And when if that light goes out, so does my interest.

That is what makes some of my relationships difficult to last. So now that I know this, now I have to find something else to grasp.

We all have things in relationships that we hold on to, and some of those things are stronger than others. When inspiration dies, work doesn't.

Inspiration, to me, was tangible. But I think I need something with a much longer half-life.

5 Comments:

  • hey big brother...everything okay?

    love ya,
    lil sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:32 PM  

  • Well you know me. I think I'm at the point of no return. Even prayer hasn't been helping, and Lord knows I'm not Abraham.

    By Blogger Datbury, at 7:05 AM  

  • i'm here if you need/want to talk...

    anytime okay?!
    love ya,
    lil sis :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:19 PM  

  • Well everytime I get to that breaking point, a breakthrough happens. I'm starting to believe that God has a little sadism in him. Needless to say that some things have turned around, and what little optimism I had left has given a little boost.

    By Blogger Datbury, at 5:41 AM  

  • Where did you find it? Interesting read » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home