Datbury's blog

Google

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hook em' horns go, go, go!!!!!!!!!!




Yee-haw! Go Texas! We kicked dat butt!!!!


Now, I must say that I don't usually ride on bandwagons, but I hopped on the UT train during the middle of the season because they were for real. I think that it is really cool that Texas won the title.

What really got my goat was Shoelimpy's impersonation of Patrick from Sponge Bob Square Pants, but also the hype surrounding the game, and the talk of Reggie Bush.

There is no denying his talent, but maybe its just me as I felt it was a North/South battle going on in the Rose Bowl. Nevermind that USC is in the West. Every news outlet around the country outside of Texas was picking the Trojans to do what they do best, protect what is theirs.

Well the Longhorns poked through that used prophylactic to weaken their seeming immunity from defeat, and make all USC fans burn with sickness!

Enough double entendres here, I felt that there was an unnecessary arrogance around the country regarding USC, and people poked fun at the cowboy tradition of Texas. I'm not a native Texan, but I've been here since last millennium. Some people may think that Texans are slow, but slow and steady wins the race, especially when USC's offense was slowed down, and Vince was steady. Go Horns!!!

11 Comments:

  • I know that's not you dats, but I still wanna see him naked!!

    Where's your skin shot, hmmmm?

    By Blogger AnnieAngel, at 11:22 AM  

  • Shoelimpy™ is not Patrick from Spongebob. He is more like He-man from Masters of the Universe. Datbury is more like Green Lantern, the black one that no one remembers.

    I will saw off the horns of the wicked
    Psalms 75:10

    By Blogger Allen, at 11:27 AM  

  • Annie, you have enough skin for the both of us! My wife would kill me for showing off my Batista like body(at least in my mind) on the web!

    By Blogger Datbury, at 11:44 AM  

  • The Green lantern was Asian! Bruce Lee! He's only black on the cartoon which makes as much sense as Will Smith playing Jim West. All I know is that if they make a remake of Little House on the Prairie, John-Boy better not be black or there will be some smoke in the city!

    By Blogger Datbury, at 11:46 AM  

  • John-Boy is from the Waltons. :P

    (you and shoe are very funny)

    By Blogger AnnieAngel, at 12:24 PM  

  • You're thinking of the Green Hornet, Datbury. And Bruce Lee wasn't the Green Hornet, he was his sidekick.

    Bruce Lee did come up with the idea for the TV show Kung Fu, but they chose David Caradine instead. He doesn't even look Asian, he looks like the mailman.

    By Blogger Allen, at 1:33 PM  

  • I want to know when you will be playing HNT, dats.

    By Blogger Trouble, at 1:42 PM  

  • Shoelimpy

    You are absolutely correct. But the original Green Lantern on the cartoon with the other superheroes(Superman, Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, that indian dude whose name escapes me) was an Uncle Kracker without the music. The only black hero was The Brown Hornet back in the day(unless you count Supafly and Huggy Bear).


    Here's a hero that Shoe and I both dig.

    By Blogger Datbury, at 2:18 PM  

  • HNT? Uh, um . . .

    *Datbury exits out back door*

    By Blogger Datbury, at 2:20 PM  

  • Disco Stu is definitely my hero. And you can't forget the other black heroes, like the Black Panther or Cyborg. Everybody loves Cyborg!

    By Blogger Allen, at 3:08 PM  

  • By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home