Datbury's blog

Google

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

For those of you who don't know, New Orleans is my original hometown. Watching the devastation left by Katrina is really disheartening. Most of my relatives have already lost everything. How do I know? I am able to recognize some areas through a local internet broadcast. Here is the link: http://www.wwltv.com/perl/common/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=beloint_wfaa&props=livenoad


I thank God that all of my family is accounted for. Some people are not able to say the same thing. One of my co-workers is still trying to locate his mother. Please keep the city of New Orleans in your prayers and thoughts. If you are able, contribute to the relief fund as New Orleans may never be the same again. Of course it may be to early to say such a thing, but it seems more realistic. The city doesn't have and has never had any plans to raise its current level which is below sea level. God help us.