Datbury's blog

Google

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Anniversary of Magic Johnson

On that day, I remember coming home from school. I had stayed late because we had Glee Club rehearsal(yeah I was in the Glee Club). I walked in and noticed my mother glued to the television in an unusual manner. She told me what he had just said, and I just could not believe it.

Magic Johnson? He was not gay.

I believed, as many others, that HIV was a gay disease. It didn't help at the time that I was very homophobic, so there is no telling what else I said about it.

But you would be hard pressed to find someone who hasn't heard of HIV. Unfortunately, looking at the stats, some people just don't care.

1 Comments:

  • Or aren't educated in the disease enough. But that's another post to be written later.

    By Blogger Paperback Writer, at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home