Datbury's blog

Google

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I'm crying!!!

I am!!!

One of my students is transferring to another school, and she just told me that when she heard about taking a parenting class, she made fun of it, but after being in here, she said that she learned some things that she never thought about, and she told her boyfriend that they need to rethink their future. She thanked me for teaching the class.


Wow.

My eyes are probably red and the kids will think that I am high.

But wow.

4 Comments:

  • That what it's all about. That's what kept me going when I was a teacher; even if you make a difference in one kid's life it makes it all worth while.

    Keep up the good work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:57 AM  

  • and that's why so many of us continue to teach, despite the poor pay, despite the mountains of paper work, despite the insane parents, rude kids, unsupportive administration...for that one time we're told "thanks...you made a difference in my life." that one comment makes all the difference in the world. sounds like you're doing a great job brother...i'm so proud and happy for you!

    love ya!
    lil sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 PM  

  • It's those little moments that keeps Loki going.

    Good job.

    By Blogger Paperback Writer, at 6:57 PM  

  • That's awesome, Dats. I know you make a difference every single day.

    By Blogger Trouble, at 12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home