Datbury's blog

Google

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Anniversary of hurricane Katrina

Listening to and watching the stories has not been on my to-do list. To think of my hometown as a place that will never be the same again is disheartening.

All of the places I used to visit, and the people I was guaranteed to bump in to.

That is gone now. How do I know? Since I've been back, it hasn't been the same.


But despite the failures and the slow moving federal government, the spirit of New Orleans is as alive as ever!

We will continue to party and celebrate because life is too short to be lived in the desolate places. New Orleans may appear physically, but the spirit is definitely willing to go forward.

1 Comments:

  • We're thinking about having our conference there in 08, which would mean i'll get to drive over there at some point this fall and look at hotels. I'm both looking forward to it, and dreading it.

    By Blogger Trouble, at 7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home