Datbury's blog

Google

Monday, June 05, 2006

How inspirational!!!

From an email again!


Damn Good Point
*****

I recently picked a new primary care physician. After
two visits and exhaustive lab test, he said I was
doing "fairly well" for my age.

A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't
resist asking him, "Do you think I'll live to be 80?"


He asked, "well, do you smoke tobacco or drink beer or
wine?" "Oh no", I replied. "I've never done either."


Then he asked, "Do you eat rib-eye steaks and
barbecued ribs?" I said, "No, I heard that all red
meat is very unhealthy."


"Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing
golf / sailing / ballooning / motorcycling / rock
climbing?" "No I don't", I said.


He said, "Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or sexually
fool around?"
"No", I said. "I have never done any of those things."



He looked at me and said, "Then why do you give a shit if
you live to be 80?"