Datbury's blog

Google

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Yesterday

My oldest son(6 yrs) was standing outside of the restroom waiting to leave to go to school. He looked somewhat sleepy and distant as he stared off into space.

Then out of nowhere, my daughter(19 mos) walks up to him and gives him the biggest hug a 19 month old can give. As she hugged him, she had a huge smile on her face.

My son was so surprised, but in usual fashion for many of today's youth, he tried not to smile, but hugged her back.


Then my second son(35 mos) came behind my oldest and gave him a hug as well.

I wish I had my camera to capture that moment.

It seemed that whatever was on my oldest son's mind seemed to leave at that moment.

He was a happy camper, and everything was going to be all right.

Sometimes all we need is a big hug, long squeeze, with no words. The hug is saying plenty by itself.

Have you hugged someone today?

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home