Datbury's blog

Google

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Yes I've been gone

Computer was down at home, and since I was out for the summer, I took a long break. What a wonderful summer indeed!

I saw one of my friends from college get married in San Antonio.

I kept my oldest son at home for a few weeks.

But the greatest part is that my wife and I are back on track. I think I spent the most time ever talking to God this summer, and talking to him about the way my life has been going and where it was headed. I was concerned that being a good husband wasn't good enough. I was concerned that being a good father wasn't good enough. I was reminded that I had lost my focus. I had become self righteous, and in my state of self righteous, I forgot to bring those with me who weren't quite where they needed to be. But how could I do that all by myself?

That is when God said that I was regaining my focus with that question.

With God, all things are possible, and he is rewarding me for my faith. Imagine if I was stronger to hold out just a little while longer.

7 Comments:

  • Glad to see you back, Datbury.

    And happy to hear that things are back on track for all of you. :)

    By Blogger Richmond, at 12:03 PM  

  • hey brother :-) so gladd to hear that everything's getting better

    ready for school yet?

    love ya,
    lil sis

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:53 PM  

  • Welcome back! I was starting to worry. Glad everything is back on track!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:36 PM  

  • Glad to see you've returned!

    By Blogger Paperback Writer, at 10:20 AM  

  • He lives! I'm so glad things are going well for you.

    By Blogger Trouble, at 8:22 AM  

  • Looking for information and found it at this great site... » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:11 PM  

  • Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home